Monolithic Power Systems (MPS) MP4315 Synchronous Step-Down Converters offer a configurable frequency and an integrated internal high-side MOSFET (HS-FET) and low-side MOSFET (LS-FET). The MP4315 delivers up to 5A of highly efficient output with current mode control for fast loop response. The device accommodates a wide 3.3V to 45V input voltage range ideal for various step-down applications in automotive input environments.
The MPS MP4315 Synchronous Step-Down Converter provides a low 1.7μA shutdown mode quiescent current designed for battery-powered applications. High power conversion efficiency across a wide load range is achieved by scaling down the switching frequency under light-load conditions to reduce the switching and gate driver losses.
Additionally, the MP4315 converter’s open-drain power good signal indicates whether the output is within 93% to 106% of its nominal voltage. Frequency foldback helps prevent inductor current runaway during start-up. Meanwhile, thermal shutdown delivers reliable, fault-tolerant operation. High-duty cycle and low-dropout mode are supplied for the automotive cold crank conditions.
The MP4315 is housed in a QFN-20 (4mm x 4mm) wettable flank package.
- Wide 3.3V to 45V operating voltage range
- 5A Continuous output current
- 1.7μA Low shutdown supply current
- 18μA Sleep mode quiescent current
- Internal 48mΩ high-side MOSFET and 20mΩ low-side MOSFET
- 350kHz to 1000kHz Configurable switching frequency for car battery applications
- Can be synchronized to an external clock
- Out-of-phase synchronized clock output
- Frequency Spread Spectrum (FSS) for low EMI
- Symmetric VIN for low EMI
- Power good output
- External soft start
- 100ns Minimum on time
- Selectable Advanced Asynchronous Mode (AAM) or Forced Continuous Conduction Mode (FCCM)
- Low-dropout mode
- Hiccup over-current protection
- Available in a QFN-20 (4mm x 4mm) package
- Available in a wettable flank package
more information: https://www.monolithicpower.com/en/mp4315.html